Items included in the Survival Kit for Teens and Adults:
Fox 40 Micro Whistle:
- It’s small and flat, making it easy to wear
- It has no moving parts to freeze, jam, or deteriorate
- It is flawless, consistent and reliable
- The harder you blow, the louder the sound
- It’s easy to blow and cannot be overblown
- Chambers are designed to self-clear when submerged in water
- It will be heard above ambient noise, loud crowds, the roar of engines, breaking waves and thundering gale-force winds
- It’s a 3-chamber pealess whistle with a sound power of 110 dB
Reflective Locator Ribbon:
Specifically created by Buddy Packs. Bright orange rip-stop nylon 2” x 60” with patches of reflective tape on one end. The Survival Guide contains instructions about how to tie it onto a tree branch or bush at eye level as a reminder to stay where they are so they can more easily be found. The reflective tape may be seen in the beam of a flashlight if searchers are looking at night.
Survive Outdoors Longer (SOL) emergency blanket:
Very high-quality emergency blanket, meant to be reused and refolded. Durable, large enough to wrap up in (84” x 56”). To go “videos” on the home screen for blanket folding instructions. Product description:
- Reflects 90% of body heat
- Opens and refolds easily
- Will not shred, easy to repair
- Quiet, won’t crinkle in high winds
- High visibility orange and silver facilitates rescue
LifeGear Grab & Glow flashlight:
- Weather resistant
- 4 light modes, including a safety flasher that lasts 200 hours
- 1-hour automatic turn off
- 3 LR44 batteries
Find-Me Signal Mirror: “Free”
A helpful tool for signaling aircraft or other searchers. See Survival Guide for very easy instructions on a basic method of signaling (for those not trained in using a sighting hole). Made of lightweight, durable acrylic. 4.5” x 2.75.” Two-year limited warranty.
See-Me™ Light Stick “FREE”
- Easily attach to tents, boats, or anywhere you need them with the integrated hook or included lanyard
- Contents are non-flammable
- Size LxW: 6” x 0.75” (152 x 19mm)
Survival Guide—Basic Instructions and Strategies:
This small booklet:
- explains the sequential use of items in the Survival Kit.
- contains instructions also on how to use the items you may purchase separately to add to your Kit. These items include a compass, survival bivvy, rope, poncho, pocket knife, fire starting kit, personal water filter, and other items.
- basic wilderness survival strategies and safety information.
— Buddy Packs encourages children ages 10-18 to acquire and learn how to use the additional survival items mentioned in the Survival Guide above. These items will enhance their ability to stay warm and hydrated and increase their chance of being found.